“Bah Jyllud” back into police net after 8 days of manhunt

file photo

Shillong, Mar 13: “Massage Man or Bah Jyllud,” a hardcore criminal who escaped from a toilet at Deputy Commissioner office here on March 6 has been re-arrested on Wednesday.

The criminal, David Lyngdoh Marshillong, known as “Phantom” and “Massage Man (Bah Jyllud)” used to enter people’s houses and disturb women at night.

East Khasi Hills SP (City), S. A Rynjah has confirmed the rearrest of the criminal.

The arrest came after 8 days of manhunt.

“Our police team has worked hard to trace his whereabouts and followed his movement in the last few days. After following him closely, our team managed to rearrest him when he was trying to enter a cyber cafe at Madanrting at around 5 pm,” Rynjah said.

Rynjah said that Lyngdoh claimed that he has been staying in a jungle in the last few days.

Rynjah said that only in East Khasi Hills district, around 40 cases have been registered against Lyngdoh.

This is the third time he escaped from police’ hands.

Police have booked Lyngdoh under section 224 IPC in connection with his recent escape for his resistance to lawful apprehension.

Lyngdoh managed to escape from the toilet inside the office of East Khasi Hills Deputy Commissioner here on March 6, when he was brought from jail to be produced in a lower court here.

David was first brought and kept in a lock up at the Deputy Commissioner’s office, along with other under trial prisoners (UTPs) before taking him to court. The criminal was brought from Nongpoh to Shillong for production before a court.

Later, the “Massage Man” sought the permission to go to toilet at around 11 am, and he was allowed.

However security personnel guarding the UTPs were surprised as he took time to come out of the toilet.

When they checked inside the toilet, they did not find anyone and realized that David had managed to escape from a ventilator of the toilet.

David had also managed to escape from the custody of Nongpoh police on July 31, 2017 while taking him for medical examination after he was detained by the public.

However on August 1, 2017, David was spotted by two constables of the Sadar Police Station at Laitumkhrah area, and was re-arrested.

The criminal has a number of criminal records and he was booked for his involvement in several cases of theft and molestation.