Man hit by electric pole dies, four injured due to electrocution

Shillong, Aug 3: One person died after an electric pole fell on him, while four others injured due to electrocution while erecting a new electric pole in the outskirt of the city on Thursday.
The incident took place at Laitkor Mawarliang when the pole mistakenly hit the live electric wire while the labourers were still working.
The pole then fell on Samborlang Nongspung (43) of Laitlum village, who died on the way to the hospital.
The other victims were labourers of a contractor who was engaged for implementing the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojna (DDUGJY), a central government scheme for providing electricity in rural areas.
The other injured persons were identified as Birstar Warbah (33), Boseng Momin (26), Sengrik Marak (21), and Sukumar Sangma (46).

Hits: 190


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *