Muzaffarnagar tragedy: 10 killed, ATS to asses possible ‘terror angle’

Muzaffarnagar (Uttar Pradesh) , August 19: Additional Director General Anand Kumar Srivastava confirmed that at least 10 have been killed in the Muzzafarnagar train derailment tragedy, further informing that Anti-terror squad (ATS) has been sent to the spot as precautionary measure.

“I can’t comment about the reason of the tragedy. ATS has been sent there as a precautionary measure on behalf of the UP government. After the railway safety officials come, we will co-operate with them and look for the reason of the accident,” he told ANI.

“SSP Muzaffarnagar has confirmed deaths of 10 people and 30 to 40 people are injured. 30 ambulances are there on the spot, more are on the way. We are doing relief and rescue operation on war footing. There’s lack of welders and cutters. The railways team, who have those instruments, are reaching the spot,” he added.

Srivastava further updated about the relief and rescue operation on the spot and said, their primary objective is to have minimum deaths.

“As of now, the relief operations are in full swing. Our primary objective at this point of time is to content the number of causalities to the extent possible. The injured are taken to hospital and administered treatment. For this, we have pressed into service, the ambulances both the government hospitals and charitable organizations” he said.

Here are the updates in the incident so far:

– Nine Uttar Pradesh Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) companies, a team of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) have been rushed to the spot.

– Medical vans have been rushed to the site

– Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu said that he has ordered inquiry into the unfortunate accident to ascertain the cause.

– Railway Ministry and Uttar Pradesh Government are working hand in hand, informs Prabhu and UP Chief Minister.

– MoS Railways Manoj Sinha and BJP leader Sanjeev Balyan are at the site.

– Two state ministers Satish Mahana and Suresh Rana are sent to the spot.

– Alternate arrangement is being made for stranded passengers.

-Union Minister of Railway Suresh Prabhu has announced ex gratia of Rs 3.5 lakh for the next kin of those who lost their lives in the Muzaffarnagar train derailment tragedy, Rs. 50 thousand for those whi are seriously injured and Rs. 25 thousand for people with minor injuries.

– Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced ex gratia of Rs 5 lakh to the next kin of any Odia passenger killed in the accident and Rs. 50 thousand for the injured.

– President Ramnath Kovind, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi shared there condolences over the incident.

– Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav shared grief over the incident and wished for better treatment for the injured.

– Chattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh too expressed his grief over the incident and shared his condolence with the families of the deceased. He also hoped for speedy recovery of the injured. (ANI)

 

Updated : 19:55 hrs

Muzaffarnagar train derailment: Death toll mounts to 23, 40 injured so far

Hits: 50

0Shares

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *