Shillong, Mrch 7: After East Khasi Hills and Ri-Bhoi, West Khasi Hills district became the third district in Meghalaya to introduce e-services in Meghalaya. According to the official Facebook page of Deputy Commissioner Nongstoin, e-services have been launched in West Khasi Hills district on Monday. “All efforts will be made to start services in Mairang sub division also by the end of this month,” the status read.
The following 6 services are available for citizens staying in Nongstoin Sadar Sub Division. 1. Issuance of Scheduled Tribe Certificate.
2. Issuance of Scheduled Caste Certificate.
3. Issuance of Certificate for Recruitment into Armed/Paramilitary/Police Force
4. Issuance of Residential Certificate.
5. Issuance of Permanent Residential Certificate for Higher Studies.
6. Issuance of Income Certificate.
Applicants need not come all the way to DC office anymore. They may apply from Common Service Centers (CSCs), Internet Browsing Centers, Home by clicking on the link www.meghalaya.gov.in/megportal/edistrict, read the status.
SMS will be sent to the mobile number of the applicant regarding the status of the application. Citizens are requested to make use of this service.